Designed to inject water-foam mixtures when drilling with a down-the-hole percussion hammer.
Pump assembly includes the following
- triplex plunger pump (max capacity: 42 Lt/min. – max pressure: 70 BAR)
- hydraulic motor-variable capacity-fed by rig circuit
- pulleys and beltings
- fittings – capacity regulator – by pass valve
The Foam pump is supplied fully equipped on skid
The use of water-foam mixtures offers the following advantages:
- Dust removal
- Improved cleaning of the hole
- Increased carrying capacity of cuttings
- Major quenching of hammer and bit
- Possibility of drilling in fractured zones where loss of circulation occurs.